Routinely is building a digitally enabled, personalised skincare brand for the modern consumer. We are based in Amsterdam, backed by a global leader in cosmetics and a venture capital fund and we are looking for stellar talent to complete the core team in the run-up to a public launch in 2021. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage company and collaborate closely with the founders to create a visionary digital product that will change the way in which we care for our skin.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer with 4+ years experience to join our in-house brand, marketing and technology teams. You will be working with us on creating engaging website and app (i.e. cross-platform) experiences. Together we will be figuring out what the future of product will be, in look-and-feel and user journeys. The ideal candidate has strong opinions, loosely hold: you will be a gatekeeper of the end-user journey and are comfortable fulfilling this role. You seek a deep understanding of our customers across Europe and know how to deliver engaging, beautiful and Routinely branded design solutions for them.
The position is full-time and available directly at our headquarter office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of work can be done from home.
What you'll be doing
- Create web and app designs. Visually unique and distinctive for a strong brand, still adhering to conventions.
- Closely collaborate with marketing, growth, customer experience, technology and our Product Manager to get a deep understanding of our users.
- Ensure consistency and quality across the entire customer journey.
- Actively ask for and give feedback, because you know it will make our work better.
- Create user flows and prototypes to test and validate assumptions and solutions, based on customer insights and data.
- Face complicated user-interaction problems, and can come up with simple and creative solutions.
- With your eye for aesthetics, you deliver a pleasing and usable experience with close attention to details.
- Setup workshops, brainstorms, design sprints (whatever floats (y)our boat) etc, to get user insights and involve stakeholders early and often.
- Iterate on and improving our existing design (in Figma, but tooling up for discussion). Our designs should be top-notch and prototypeable, before we hand it over to engineering.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with the tech you're passionate about.
- A role in a fast growing company, where you can contribute strongly to our brand direction, workflow and culture.
- Flexible working conditions, off-sites, freedom, conferences, room for personal development and lots of freedom.
- The opportunity to be part of an ever-growing area of e-commerce, in particular the skin care and hyper-personalisation niches.
- Unlimited holiday days. Yes, really!
- Apple MacBook Pro laptop.
- Office with an amazing view in the A'DAM Tower!
- Bring 4+ years experience in UI/UX design for brand to the table, a consumer brand background is preferred.
- Fluent in Adobe tools, Sketch, Framer or Figma and use a component/style-guide based approach.
- Have a portfolio of multiple kinds of digital design projects in multiple channels (website, email, paid digital, organic social and beyond).
- Although we like accents, your English must be very good, both oral and written.
- Since we're just getting started, we cannot provide a Visa sponsorship at this point in time.
- Experience in animation and/or video editing is a plus.
- You understand technology and engineering.
- You are proactive and comfortable managing your own time and todo's. We do not like micromanagement.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
Like what you've read and you think there is a match? Please apply!
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.