Senior Software Engineer Backend
Routinely is building a personalised skincare brand powered by technology for the modern consumer. We are based in Amsterdam, live since mid-May 2021 and backed by a global leader in cosmetics (Beiersdorf) and a venture capital fund. We are looking for stellar talent to complete the core team as we build out the brand and business. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage company and collaborate closely with the founders to create a visionary product that will change the way in which we care for our skin.
The position is full-time, on-site and available directly at our headquarter office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of work can be done from home.
What you'll be doing
- You will be writing modern JS/TS/Node.js code while understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- Take ownership of the backend and alignment with our web and app clients.
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You'll be responsible for implementing automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure a steady and stable release pace.
- Work together with our Product Manager, Full-Stack Developer, Mobile Developer, UI/UX Designer and hands-on CTO to build the right thing.
- Contribute to a shared workflow and engineering culture. We pick the best parts from domain-driven design, Extreme Programming, SCRUM, Kanban, Holocracy, Lean Startup and ShapeUp and make it our own and better every iteration.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with the tech you're passionate about.
- A role in a fast growing company, where you can contribute strongly to our stack, workflow and culture.
- Many personal growth and career opportunities.
- Flexible working conditions, off-sites, hackathons, conferences, room for personal development and lots of freedom.
- The opportunity to be part of an ever-growing area of e-commerce, in particular the skin care and hyper-personalisation niches.
- Unlimited holiday days. Yes, really!
- Apple MacBook Pro laptop.
- Amazing office at the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam.
Check out our full stack at StackShare.
- You have experience setting up infrastructure (e.g. GCP, DigitalOcean, AWS) and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions).
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern backend.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn't miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though.
- Since we're just getting started, we cannot provide a Visa sponsorship at this point in time.
- You have already been on the front-end side (on the web with React or Next.js, or on mobile with React Native or Flutter).
- You have affinity with machine learning and/or AI.
- You have a weak spot for performance and security.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product / UI / UX.
- You are proactive and comfortable managing your own time and todo's. We do not like micromanagement.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
Like what you've read and you think there is a match? Please apply! If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to email@example.com.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.