Frontend / Full-Stack Web Developer
Routinely is building a personalised skincare brand powered by technology for the modern consumer. We are based in Amsterdam, live since mid-May 2021 and backed by a global leader in cosmetics (Beiersdorf) and a venture capital fund. We are looking for stellar talent to complete the core team as we build out the brand and business. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage company and collaborate closely with the founders to create a visionary product that will change the way in which we care for our skin.
We are looking for a frontend/full-stack web developer with 3+ years experience to bring complementary skills to our in-house development team. You will be working with us on perfecting our website's e-commerce experience where there is a big accent on visuals and esthetics. Most of our traffic is mobile, so responsiveness is key. Together we will be figuring out what the future of our stack will be. As we are growing as a company, so it will happen to our tools, so flexibility and creativeness will play an important role
We are flexible in terms of the candidate's skills on the frontend-backend spectrum. This person will join our existing and growing in-house product development team, and in the end we'll need to have all disciplines in house. It's all good if the candidate has 70/30 frontend/backend skills, or 50/50, we'll 'fill the gaps' with our next hires.
The position is full-time, on-site and available directly at our headquarter office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of work can be done from home.
What you'll be doing
- Develop our Next.js frontend and consume the Shopify API (headless), as well as integrate it with our CMS (Sanity).
- Improve the workflow and build process (CI & CD) via Github Actions and Vercel.
- Connect with our REST API and third party APIs.
- Review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- Work together with our existing in-house product team to build the right thing. You will be encouraged to bring your own vision and ideas.
- Contribute to a shared workflow and engineering culture. We pick the best parts from domain-driven design, Extreme Programming, SCRUM, Kanban, Holocracy, Lean Startup and ShapeUp and make it our own and better every iteration.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with the tech you're passionate about.
- A role in a fast growing company, where you can contribute strongly to our stack, workflow and culture.
- Flexible working conditions, off-sites, hackathons, conferences, room for personal development and lots of freedom.
- The opportunity to be part of an ever-growing area of e-commerce, in particular the skin care and hyper-personalisation niches.
- Unlimited holiday days. Yes, really!
- Apple MacBook Pro laptop.
- Amazing office at the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam.
Check out our full stack at StackShare.
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern web app.
- You have experience setting up infrastructure (e.g. DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services).
- You like to make an impact and are keen to translate designs (e.g. Figma) into code.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you can't do without.
- Although we like accents, your English must be very good, both oral and written.
- Since we're just getting started, we cannot provide a Visa sponsorship at this point in time.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product, UI and UX.
- You have an eye for detail and design.
- You have an affinity with machine learning.
- You are familiar with Shopify.
- You have experience working with a CMS (e.g. Prismic, Sanity).
- You are proactive and comfortable managing your own time and todo's. We do not like micromanagement.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
Like what you've read and you think there is a match? Please apply! If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position