Frontend / Full-Stack Developer
Routinely is building a digitally enabled, personalised skincare brand for the modern consumer. We are based in Amsterdam, backed by a global leader in cosmetics and a venture capital fund and we are looking for stellar talent to complete the core team in the run-up to a public launch in 2021. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage company and collaborate closely with the founders to create a visionary digital product that will change the way in which we care for our skin.
We are looking for a frontend/full-stack developer with 3+ years experience to bring complementary skills to our in-house development team. You will be working with us on perfecting our website's e-commerce experience as well as our proprietary Skin ID Test which helps users discover the right products for them based on their skin information and pre-selected skin goals. Together we will be figuring out what the future of our stack will be.
We are flexible in terms of the candidate's skills on the frontend-backend spectrum. This person will join our existing and growing in-house product development team, and in the end we'll need to have all disciplines in house. It's all good if the candidate has 70/30 frontend/backend skills, or 50/50, we'll 'fill the gaps' with our next hires.
The position is full-time and available directly at our headquarter office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of work can be done from home.
What you'll be doing
- Develop our Next.js frontend and consume the Shopify API (headless).
- Improve the workflow and build process (CI & CD) via Github Actions.
- Connect with our REST API and third party APIs. Would be great if you can develop on the (PHP 8/ Laravel) backend too.
- Review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- Work together with our Product Manager and CTO to build the right thing.
- Contribute to a shared workflow and engineering culture. We pick the best parts from domain-driven design, Extreme Programming, SCRUM, Kanban, Holocracy, Lean Startup and ShapeUp and make it our own and better every iteration.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with the tech you're passionate about.
- A role in a fast growing company, where you can contribute strongly to our stack, workflow and culture.
- Flexible working conditions, off-sites, hackathons, conferences, room for personal development and lots of freedom.
- The opportunity to be part of an ever-growing area of e-commerce, in particular the skin care and hyper-personalisation niches.
- Unlimited holiday days. Yes, really!
- Apple MacBook Pro laptop.
- Office with an amazing view in the A'DAM Tower!
Check out our full stack at StackShare.
- You are an expert in React and know how a backend (preferably PHP/Laravel) works.
- You know how to handle state, routing & side-effects with React.
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern web app.
- You have experience setting up infrastructure (e.g. DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services).
- You like to make an impact and are keen to translate designs (e.g. Figma) into code.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you can't do without.
- Although we like accents, your English must be very good, both oral and written.
- Since we're just getting started, we cannot provide a Visa sponsorship at this point in time.
- You have experience building mobile applications.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product, UI and UX.
- You have an eye for detail and design.
- You have an affinity with machine learning.
- You are familiar with Shopify.
- You are proactive and comfortable managing your own time and todo's. We do not like micromanagement.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
Like what you've read and you think there is a match? Please apply! If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position