Routinely is building a digitally enabled, personalised skincare brand for the modern consumer. We are based in Amsterdam, backed by a global leader in cosmetics and a venture capital fund and we are looking for stellar talent to complete the core team in the run-up to a public launch in 2021. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage company and collaborate closely with the founders to create a visionary digital product that will change the way in which we care for our skin.
We are looking for a backend engineer with 3+ years experience to join our in-house product team and to help take our stack to the next level. Together we will be figuring out what the future of our tech and personalized skincare AI/ML algorithm will be.
The position is full-time, on-site and available directly at our headquarter office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of work can be done from home.
What you'll be doing
- You will be writing modern PHP code while understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You'll be responsible for implementing automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure a steady and stable release pace.
- Connect with our REST API and third party APIs.
- Work together with our Product Manager and CTO to build the right thing for our customers.
- Contribute to a shared workflow and engineering culture. We pick the best parts from domain-driven design, Extreme Programming, SCRUM, Kanban, Holocracy, Lean Startup and ShapeUp and make it our own and better every iteration.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with the tech you're passionate about.
- A role in a fast growing company, where you can contribute strongly to our stack, workflow and culture.
- Many personal growth and career opportunities.
- Flexible working conditions, off-sites, hackathons, conferences, room for personal development and lots of freedom.
- The opportunity to be part of an ever-growing area of e-commerce, in particular the skin care and hyper-personalisation niches.
- Unlimited holiday days. Yes, really!
- Apple MacBook Pro laptop.
- Office with an amazing view in the A'DAM Tower!
Check out our full stack at StackShare.
- You are a PHP/Laravel expert.
- PostgreSQL holds no secrets for you.
- You have experience setting up infrastructure (e.g. DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services) and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions).
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern backend.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn't miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though.
- Since we're just getting started, we cannot provide a Visa sponsorship at this point in time.
- You have already been on the front-end side (on the web with React or Next.js, or on mobile with React Native or Flutter).
- You have affinity with machine learning and/or AI.
- You have a weak spot for performance.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product / UI / UX.
- You are proactive and comfortable managing your own time and todo's. We do not like micromanagement.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
Like what you've read and you think there is a match? Please apply! If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to email@example.com.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.